[Papyrus-L] Asking for help

Thomas Gill Thomas.Gill at ynhh.org
Mon Feb 6 22:09:51 EST 2006

Yes, I suspect you are right about the WordPerfect to Word converter.
Now, I need to figure out how to get it back.

Tom Gill wrote:

>But now I am unable to open text files created by Papyrus.
>Specifically, Word 2000 gives me a message that it can't find the
file
>data1std.msi.
>
>Is this a Papyrus problem or a Word problem and how can a solve it?

That's not a filename that means anything to Papyrus.

Might be related to the WordPerfect-to-Word converter that Word needs
to read the file produced by Papyrus.

However, that's only if you told Papyrus to create a file in the
format of "WordPerfect/Word for Windows". If you're dealing with a
plain text file, then no such converter is necessary.

--
    Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography
System
    617 SW Hume Street
    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     fax 503-452-8920

    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/