[Papyrus-L] Windows XP and Papyrus

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Oct 13 17:41:29 EDT 2004

Frank,
    If I understand you correctly, you want to use the "Cite" function of
Papyrus that used to use the clipboard. What I do for that is have Papryrus
save citations  (or in general, anything using F3) to c:\papref.txt.  Then
I have a WordPerfect Macro inspap.wcm that inserts c:\papref.txt into the
document at the cursor.  So that is one mouse-point.   In reverse, I have
another Macro that copies highlighted text to a New document, saves that
document as c:\papref.txt, then closes the new document. It goes pretty
fast on an XP.  Alt-Tabbing to Papyrus you can then paste using F4.
   best wishes.
   BTW, I' m about to install Papyrus for our new grad students to use on a
common machine.  Other products are getting so expensive!  I still think
Papyrus is (1) easy to use and (2) very functional for 99% of what our
students need to use (and for what I need!).
-john