[Papyrus-L] Endnote/Papyrus Questions

JENNIFER LYNN BAETEN jlbaeten at wisc.edu
Tue Mar 9 15:23:30 EST 2004

Dear Roberto,

I was looking for ways to export Papyrus to Endnote when I found these instructions.  I have a few questions on how to do all of this.  Could you answer them? I put them in parenthesis after the directions.

A most sincere thanks,
Jen

1) Go to Endnote webpage and download the export format Papyrus to
Endnote. (Where is this located on the website?)
2) Go to Papyrus and set the new format as an export format (How do I set the new format?  What is the new format referring to?)
3) Endnote has instructions as to how to format the list that will
become the source for Endnote to import your references. (where are these located on the site?)
4) You will only be able to export the references, keywords and
abstracts, not your notes.
5) Endnote does not say this, but it is important: When you generate
your Papyrus PAPDATA export document,it will be better if you produce a
Word document. You save it as a Word document. Then re-save it as a .txt
document. This PAPDATA.TXT will then be imported in Endnote.
6) Use the Endnote facility to import reference databases.
7) Check your references. You should not loose anything, there should
not be any mispelling added by this process.
The Endnote website contains a detailed description of this process (WHERE?). My
only contribution I guess, is that I noticed that when I generated the
PAPDATA.TXT directly from Papyrus, I got lots of mispellings in my
endnote database.