[Papyrus-L] new PubMed format how to handle the FAU field?

Jan Herrmann jan.herrmann at cetacea.de
Mon Jan 19 12:34:24 EST 2004

Dear John,

I am mainly using Papyrus for Macintosh, but the formats issue is
much the same. Isn't the Pubmed format available at the RSD website
an updated one?
http://www.researchsoftwaredesign.com/ftp/pubmed.flb
Have you tried that?

Otherwise, I'd recommend to duplicate you existing Pubmed format and
change the  duplicate according to your wishes. To eliminate the FAU
lines, I have inserted a line like "F[discard]", which sorts out any
line beginning with "F". That should be of help. It wasn't too
complicated to understand the format code and to adapt some changes.
Now I am importing DOIs, URLs and Adresses as well from PubMed.

Have a look here:
http://www.cetacea.de/science/papyrus/pubmed.gif

The look might be different in the DOS version, but it should be more
or less the same.
If Dave is busy with other stuff, maybe there's another member of the
list who is able to adapt the PapDOS formats and share it with the
list. I could put it on our website so that everybody can download it.

Hope that helps,
Jan

--
--> jan.herrmann -at - cetacea.de