[Papyrus-L] more on XP - troubleshooting clipboard/Word

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 19 09:42:20 EST 2004

Dear John,

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, John Rodgers wrote:

> I've got Word97 also.  I haven't tried this under later versions.
>    -john

You have me intrigued!   So I just conducted a test on my Win NT4
machine with Word from Office97.   Seems to release the file just fine.
Here's what I tried:
a) Create a simple file in NotePad, save it and close NotePad.
b) Open Word, create a new document and insert text from the above file.
c) Leaving Word open, once again fire up NotePad, call up the simple text
doc and add more text - saved and closed without problem.
d) Insert the updated file into Word without complaint!

Suggests that this may be an XP problem, don't you think?   Not that much
can be done about it if so :-(   Maybe the demo above does not replicate
all that is happening in a true setup?

Cheers,
Denis