[Papyrus-L] more on XP - troubleshooting clipboard/Word

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Jan 19 08:51:20 EST 2004

re. problem citing to the clipboard when using Word.  If I save the Word
document after an insert file, then I can update the papref.txt from
Papyrus.  It seems that Word may be holding on to the inserted file for
purposes of tracking changes, so you can undo.
I haven't figured out how to turn off UNDO to confirm this.

However, here is what worked for me:
have Pap write to a diskfile such as c:\papref.txt

write a macro that
insert
file
c:\papref.txt
save
I''ve assigned that hot key - the paste citation is as quick as using the
clipboard it seems! yay!  I imagine for large documents this will seem
slower due to the constant saves.
   -john

John R. Rodgers, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor