[Papyrus-L] once again with XP

John Rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Jan 19 07:36:11 EST 2004

Dear listers
    I'm trying again with XP.   I've followed various explanations of how
to get copy and paste to work, but I haven't gotten it to work yet.
   I've tried saving the citations to the hard drive instead of the
clipboard,using cite.txt or papref.txt both to the root directory c:\ or to
the directory holding Papyrus.  When I try the insert-file technique from
the word processor (Word) I can do one paste, but thereafter, the file
remains unchanged.  Papyrus doesn't  re-write the file, as it doesn't have
rights to it again.

This seems to be somewhat Word-specific.  If I open c:\papref.txt in
Notepad, then Papyrus can re-write the citations.  So I can use Notepad as
a cludgey intermediary.
    but if once I open c:\papref.txt in Word (even just as as insert) then
Pap is frozen out of it.

   I've also tried running Marc Thissen's Papref v1.0  which works well
under NT: it loads but does't seem to access the clipboard.