[Papyrus-L] Problem with List function

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 2 21:46:04 EDT 2003

At 11:24 2/09/2003 -0400, Thomas Gill wrote:
>Hi Dave/remaining members of the Papyrus listserver:
>
>When I discovered that the "final" version of Papyrus was not compatible
>with the latest XP version of Word, I switched to Word 2000, which I
>understand should be compatible with Papyrus V7.0.16c.

As Dave says, the Word Perfect version of RTF was definitely more stable
that MS's.   If for some reason the Word installation CDs are unavailable,
or you cannot find a machine locally with either WP installed or
Word-incl.-RTF, then consider loading OpenOffice.   I have found its RTF
abilities far superior to those of MS but I cannot and have not done a
side-by-side comparison with WP.

Certainly OpenOffice in its present form is extremely viable as a
replacement for MS Office.  Visit www.openoffice.org for downloading
details - it is Open Source (freeware) as you probably already know.   The
only gotcha I have found in installation is that you should do a NETWORK
install if you intend to have multiple users on your machine and want each
one to have their own "personality" settings for OpenOffice.   Yes, I know,
the "network" feature threw me at first because my thinking was that "I
don't want it on a network, I only want it on this machine!"

Anyway, good luck,
Denis