[Papyrus-L] System slowdown under XP

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Wed Aug 27 06:17:52 EDT 2003

>When I open Papyrus and another programme, say MS Word, and juggle
>between them, the system becomes very slow. What is the way to
>prevent this from happening?

Something else to try is to right-click your Papyrus shortcut icon
and bring up the Properties dialog. Go to the "Misc" tab, and slide
the "Idle Sensitivity" slider all the way to the "high" end.

This is contrary to our official installation instructions, which
were designed to prevent a problem that is probably no longer
relevant.

--
    Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
    617 SW Hume Street
    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/