[Papyrus-L] Word 2002 problems

Bob Barrett bob.barrett at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jul 29 20:02:25 EDT 2003

Tom,
    What Raisa says sounds good. But be also aware that RFT (rich text format) files generated in Micro@#$% are not
"pure" but variants associated with WORD. For example, *.rtf generated with WORD97 will NOT be accepted by MS
HelpEditor.EXE (the thing used to make HELP files) because the RTF is corrupt in some MS way. In the past I have saved
WORD *.DOC to WORD *.RTF and then saved the reloaded *.RTF as a text file. That's messy but Papyrus can use it.

Bob Barrett, Waite, Adelaide

PS - Adelaide midwinter temperature today is 18 deg C. so the backup suggestion is to go to the local pub and drown
your sorrows regarding both MS and the demise of Papyrus's freedom to compete in the land of the free. Wait 'till
after noon and only drink Fosters or Swan or Coopers. That will help.

PPS - Swan and Coopers are better than Fosters.