[Papyrus-L] Windows 2000

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 12 09:30:47 EDT 2003

Dear Tom,

Hmmm... sorry to hear that (it does not change the situation.)   The
chances are, then, that the video driver is not at fault.

As for another driver, you'd most likely have to go back to the PC
manufacturer or, if it was assembled from various modules by a PC builder,
identify the video card and then go to the card manufacturer's website.
I would not want to be breaking anyone's PC, least of all from such a huge
distance (I'm in Perth, Western Australia!)   If it were a genuine IBM (or
HP or Acer or other brand name machine) then I would have no hesitation in
going to the relevant website an grabbing and installing the recommended
driver software.   If it is a built-to-your-specification design, it would
be safer to approach the supplier for advice.

Out of interest, can you temporarily load Papyrus onto another
hardware-dissimilar Windows 2000 PC, just to see if it is something unique
to your hardware, or to Win2k?   I do recall others on this list using Pap
with Win 2k but their problems related to the clipboard functionality and
to erratic mouse movements, if I recall correctly. Assuming that you find
another Win2k PC behaves well, perhaps aim to try it on yet another
machine, more closely matching your hardware.   I know this does not sound
the most technically sophistocated approach but at least it aims to
eliminate possibilities one by one.   If you know it is happy with Win2k,
then...

I look forward to see what ideas others may have to offer.
Regards,
Denis