[Papyrus-L] Problem with citations

Thomas Gill gill at ynhh.org
Thu Oct 31 11:16:29 EST 2002

Hello all:

I have a question that may be pretty straight forward.  I am having a
problem citing references using Papyrus in a Windows XP
environment/Word
97.

Last year, I had written the Macro below which worked when using
Papyrus in a Windows NT environment.

For XP, I have identified the file below as the disk file for the
clipboard.  The first citation works fine, but when I try to later
include a second (different) citation, the file does not get updated,
i.e. the file still includes only the original citation.

I did not have this problem last year.  I had assumed that papyrus
would simply overwrite the original file with the new citation.  This
does not appear to be happening.

I would welcome your suggestions.

Tom Gill

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 09/27/01 by Thomas Gill
'
    Selection.TypeParagraph
    Selection.InsertFile FileName:="c:\pap\clip.doc", Range:="",
ConfirmConversions:= _
        False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False
    Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1
    Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine, Extend:=wdExtend
    Selection.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Normal")
    Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine
    Selection.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
    Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1
    Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine
    Selection.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End Sub

Thomas M. Gill, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Yale University School of Medicine
20 York Street, TMP 17B
New Haven, CT 06504
Phone: (203) 688-3344   Fax: (203) 688-4209
Email: gill at ynhh.org