[Papyrus-L] Switching from Papyrus

Martin Evans martin.evans at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 29 16:29:06 EST 2002

Hugh Gunz and I have developed some templates and macros for moving the
Papyrus database -- including notes -- to Biblioscape.

They can be accessed here:
http://individual.utoronto.ca/evans/instructions.html

hope these help

At 12:11 PM 10/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello-
>
>I currently have 45,000 references in Papyrus.  I am running under
>Windows.  I really don't want to switch but I realize I must so I am
>looking for the least painful option.
>
>I have looked at a few of the more advertised products (Library Master,
>Biblioscape, Procite, Reference Manager).  It seems that some of the
>best products are the one's least advertised and I'm afraid I may miss a
>good option just because I don't know about it.
>
>I am wondering if there is anyone still on the list who has converted
>from Papyrus to a new software program?  I'm interested in finding out
>what programs you have tried and which ones are closest to Papyrus.
>Which ones convert Papyrus data easily?  Which ones do you really like?
>
>Thanks for your time!
>
>-Tina

Martin G.
Evans
Rotman School of Management,                          Professor Emeritus of
Organizational Behaviour            University of Toronto
                                                                 105 St
George Street Toronto  M5S 3E6
                                                                 Ontario Canada
617-876-3980