[Papyrus-L] Windows based bibliographic programs

Hight, Mary Etta hight at Marshall.edu
Thu Aug 1 14:36:26 EDT 2002

Papyrus users:

The recent flurry of exchanges re a move of references from Papyrus to
Windows-based programs mentions only the three or four well known programs.
Has anyone looked at AskSam 5, just released  (http://www.askSam.com/.  It
can be downloaded and used on a trial basis for a period of time.

  It includes a biobliographic database that I am just beginning to move to
for both references and notes for a book.  The professional version has
complete indexing and all the databases can be searched quickly by word,
author, etc.  Earlier versions were good but this promises to be much
better.  While I have not yet tried to import directly from Papyrus I have
found it quite easy to import Word documents into a free-form database.