[Papyrus-L] (no subject)

Hugh Gunz hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 1 07:22:11 EDT 2002

Perhaps not a bad time to review the experience that many of us have had
since what I suspect may have been a mass tear-stained emigration when Dave
was finally able to announce the details of Papyrus's future.

Reference Manager and the others in the ISI stable were certainly talked
about a lot. I went for Biblioscape, and it's turned out to be a good
decision. Aside from being pretty fully-featured (they all have their good
and bad points), its real strength from my point of view is the way it
makes databases intra- or Internet-accessible so I can get at and edit my
references from anywhere. That also makes it very good for teams of
researchers. The developers are extremely responsive to suggestions for
improvement, too.

Hugh Gunz
University of Toronto