[Papyrus-L] papyrus works ok in Windows ME

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Tue Apr 23 02:27:50 EDT 2002

Oliver Floerl wrote:
>    I have just followed step-by-step instructions in  Windows XP (home) and
> it does not work. When I perform a search and press  "V" to view the list,
> the yellow line is at the bottom of the screen and keeps  chasing my mouse
> cursor.

This problem will go away if you run Papyrus in full screen mode. You can
switch between full screen and windowed modes by pressing Alt-Enter.

If you prefer to run in windowed mode, then follow these steps:

 (a) Right-click the PAPYRUS icon, choose Properties.
 (b) In the Misc tab, turn on mouse "Exclusive mode", turn off "Fast pasting".
 (c) Click OK.

 (1) Launch PAPYRUS.
 (2) Switch to window, via Alt-Enter.
 (3) From the control menu (upper left corner of window, or Alt-Space),
     choose Properties.
 (4) In the Options tab, turn off "QuickEdit Mode" and "Insert Mode".
 (5) Click OK.
 (6) Choose "Save properties for future windows with same title", and click
     OK.
 (7) Quit PAPYRUS.
 (8) Future launches should show better mouse functioning.

One other hint if all else fails: move the mouse so that the mouse cursor
is located over a reference in the middle of the list.

> Also the clipboard instructions for NT have no  effect. Yes, I can now use
> F3 and dump stuff from PAPYRUS elsewhere, but I  cannot use Ctrl-C or the
> Copy command in Windows to paste an astract into  PAPYRUS using F4.

You need to save the abstract, as plain text, in the file you have
designated as your Papyrus "clipboard file". If you are working in, say,
Microsoft Word, you can set up a macro that will do this for you. Then,
back in Papyrus, the F4 key should paste the contents of that file into
your Papyrus reference.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

   Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
   617 SW Hume Street
   Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

   Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
     Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                 Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/