[Papyrus-L] Papyrus versus other Windows packages

Hugh Gunz hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca
Wed Apr 17 12:01:44 EDT 2002

All good points -- all Windows programs are slow loading by comparison with
DOS applications. I haven't had the same experience with slow searches, but
perhaps that's because I've only got 6000 references in my database. All
searches I do seem pretty much instantaneous.

It's certainly true that Papyrus has the most reasonable licensing that
I've encountered, but I guess it's fair to point out that I have three
offices, and I've only had to buy one Biblioscape license to cover all
three: all they ask is for you to tell them how many machines you've got,
and they supply free registration numbers for them once you've bought a
license for the first, because they know that academics work from multiple
locations.

Hugh Gunz