[Papyrus-L] Clipboard files under Windows 2000

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 21 12:00:59 EST 2002

At 10:03 PM 1/20/2002 -0800, Dave Goldman, Research Software Design wrote:
>Raisa Deber wrote:
>
> >Anyhow, my question is why my Papyrus periodically forgets that I've asked
> >it to use a text file as the Windows clipboard, reverting to "N".  When the
> >cite fails, I then go back to preferences,  tell it the file again, and so
> >on, but it is, as they say, "a puzzlement".  Any suggestions?
>
>Odd indeed! Has anyone else run into this problem?
>
>(Note that Papyrus stores this and other preferences in its *.BIB files.
>I'm presuming that you have write-access to those files.)

Mystery solved!  We have a single point of entry into Papyrus - my research
assistant does all changes, then produces bb files, which I use to update
my files.  But she's running Windows 98, and hence not using a file as the
clipboard.  So, when I update my files, I overwrite that preference.
Is there a workaround?  (other than just remembering to keep changing the
preference back?)
Raisa

>-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)
>
>    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
>    617 SW Hume Street
>    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920
>
>    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
>      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
>                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/

Raisa B. Deber, PhD
Professor
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, 2nd Floor
12 Queen's Park Crescent West
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8