[Papyrus-L] problem with Word 2002

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Sat Jan 19 02:33:12 EST 2002

Stan Tahara wrote:
>I have been unable to create new word files in this version of Word after
>doing the usual "text extract" etc for creating reference lists. Is there a
>fix for this version of Word or is there something I need to do. To be more
>specific a "file name".NEW  files is created but when I attempt to open it
>in word I get error messages and garbage in the text.

Make sure that you are using the very latest version of Papyrus. For
Papyrus Version 7 this is 7.0.16c.

>I assume a workaround would be to first save the text in an older version
>of Word then do the text extract (just thought of it) but it would be easier
>if the original file version could be used.

If all else fails, then your workaround is a good one.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

   Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
   617 SW Hume Street
   Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

   Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
     Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                 Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/