[Papyrus-L] Pap vs. others and where's Dave?

William H. Shepherd whshep at optonline.net
Mon Oct 22 14:43:55 EDT 2001

Papyrus runs fine under Win ME, which is just an update of Win9x. It does slow down Windows, however (WordPerfect in particular lumbers while Papyrus is running). Win 2000 and NT have clipboard problems, and require kludgy workarounds. I don't know about Win XP, but I believe it will run DOS programs--only I suspect that it will have the same 2000/NT clipboard problems.

One suggestion that Dave did not address--and perhaps this is something that the programmers among us could develop--was a Win utility that could read Papyrus databases and insert references (but nothing more). While this would not address all the issues of the DOS version, it might allow Win users to avoid switching to the dreaded (and dreadful) competition.

Me, I'm still thinking of buying a Mac.

Bill Shepherd