[Papyrus-L] where to next?

Dr Roger Middleton roger.middleton at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Oct 18 04:20:33 EDT 2001

Like many last week, the news that Papyrus would no longer be
further developed was a shock and led me to think about
alternatives in the medium-term. One that is constantly
suggested is EndNote, but apparently that has a limit of
32,000 references per library. Since I have 31,000 refs in
Papyrus I would like to know what exactly the implications of
this are. Needless to say I have e-mailed EndNote's technical
support on this matter, but not had a response. This may not
augur well for those contemplating such a move of product.
Meanwhile, I'm sticking firmly with Papyrus but does anyone know
EndNote who can advise?
Roger Middleton

Dr Roger Middleton
Reader in the History of Political Economy
University of Bristol
13 Woodland Road
Bristol BS8 1TB, United Kingdom
Tel. +44 (0) 117 928 7931  Fax. +44 (0) 117 928 8276
Email Roger.Middleton at Bristol.ac.uk
URL   http://www.bristol.ac.uk/~hirm/rmhome.html