[Papyrus-L] Exporting notecards from Papyrus

Hugh Gunz hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 17 09:24:21 EDT 2001

We've been working on this one and we've come up with an approach that
seems to work (although it needs more testing). It involves converting the
output of the Papyrus RIS OUT filter so that the notecards are tagged "NC",
and the "ER" end-of-record tag is moved to follow the notecard contents.
Then the receiving bibliographical package's import filter can be told to
put the contents of the "NC" tag in an appropriate field. We've been
experimenting with Biblioscape, using the "Notes" field; the process is
still a little flakey, but seems basically sound.

It's extremely simple to do with a WordPerfect macro. We'd be happy to pass
the macro on to anyone who wants it.

Martin Evans and Hugh Gunz
University of Toronto