[Papyrus-L] Important Papyrus news

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 11 16:51:48 EDT 2001

At 12:26 PM 10/11/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>The Bad News
>------------
>Research Software Design no longer plans to develop further versions of
>Papyrus.
>
>We have been working for the past several years on a full Windows version
>of Papyrus. Unfortunately, we no longer have the resources to continue this
>project, which remains far from completion.
>
>We also have no current plans to produce a native Macintosh OS X version of
>Papyrus, nor a Linux version.
>
>We will continue to sell and support the current editions of Papyrus --
>Version 7.0.16c for DOS/Windows and Version 8.0.10 for Macintosh.

Dave, this is sincerely bad news.  Any chance of changing your mind?  Do we
REALLY have to change to another program?
Raisa Deber

>-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)
>
>    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
>    617 SW Hume Street
>    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920
>
>    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
>      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
>                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/

Raisa B. Deber, PhD
Professor
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, 2nd Floor
12 Queen's Park Crescent West
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8