[Papyrus-L] organising unruly entries

Melissa Raine m.raine at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 3 23:17:00 EDT 2001

I wonder if any other Papyrus users are working with highly irregular
items.  I work on medieval literature, and I find myself wondering about
the best way to organise some of my materials.   For example, I am
currently working on a short poem, written by John Lydgate, which
appears in 55 different manuscripts.  It has been re-printed in several
modern collections, and is usually given the name "dietary".  None of
the manuscripts is identical, and so I need to be able to identify which
ones have which versions/mistakes etc.  Because all are not printed, or
because the ones that are are referred to by editor rather than author,
I find myself using a combination of keywords and customized fields, but
I am interested to know if anyone has come up with a neat system for
working with items like this.

I hope that makes some sense, Melissa Raine