[Papyrus-L] Bye for now Papyrus

Vongraven, Dag dag.vongraven at npolar.no
Thu Aug 30 06:50:35 EDT 2001

Hello all

Although I sympatize with Dave and RSD, I have reluctantly decided to give
in for the pressure. I will still be on the list and keep looking for new
RSD products and maybe a Win-version some day, but, for now, I'll be
converting to Ref Manager, and want to ask for help on 2 things:

1. Is there a way to avoid Search/Replace in the text file, to get in all
the special characters (Norwegian/Swedish letters etc.) when exporting
through the Ris Out format (are there better formats?)? In other words, is
there a way to make all the special characters in the database "stay put" in
the database all the way from Papyrus via exporting and finally importing
into RM?

2. When using the Ris Out format to export the references (ca. 2000) into a
textfile, all the Italic words end up preceded by "{I" and succeeded by "}".
How can I make this into words in italics in the final RM database without
having to edit all the references?

All the best
Dag Vongraven
Senior advisor