[Papyrus-L] Sigh...

Jean Welter jfw2 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Aug 28 09:42:49 EDT 2001

Thanks Peter,
In general that would work for a simple document, but this particular one
contains a bunch of forms, drop down lists, tables and macros, all of which
seem not to be backwards compatible with W97. I.e. if you save as W97, the
don't work properly anymore, even if you reopen in XP. I suppose this is a
Microsoft problem rather than Papyrus', but the effect is the same. Running
Pap on the file in it's native format introduces random pages of rectangles
everywhere. Now I suppose one could dissect out the plain text portions,
run Pap, and then reassemble the document. In my spare time, maybe ...

Looked at Endnote on a friend's computer last night. Expensive, 25MB of
disk space just for the program files, with a tiny database it used 8MB of
ram. Data entry looks tedious.

Jean
<jfw2 at po.cwru.edu>