[Papyrus-L] Sigh...

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at rsd.com
Tue Aug 28 02:38:58 EDT 2001

Hugh Gunz wrote:

>...but that does raise the question, doesn't it: what's happening to the
>Windows version of Pap? It seems an awful long time since Dave told us that
>he'd be able to tell us what was happening within weeks.

This just goes to demonstrate what happens when you ask a lawyer how much
longer it will be until a legal case will be completed...

As I've explained previously, Research Software Design's lawyer has
instructed me to avoid discussing company plans until a particular legal
case involving the company has been resolved. The case itself has nothing
to do with the future of either Papyrus or Research Software Design.
Unfortunately, both the opposing party and the court system have created
one delay after another.

I am currently led to believe that this will all be resolved by the end of
September. I'll do what I can to make that happen.

Until this came up, Research Software Design has always been very open
about its plans and progress on new versions of Papyrus. I have not enjoyed
being muzzled, and I look forward to returning to our usual openness as
soon as possible.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at rsd.com)              Research Software Design
   503/796-1368, fax 503-452-8920           617 SW Hume Street
   The PAPYRUS Bibliography System          Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

   Technical Support: support at rsd.com       Other Questions: info at rsd.com
                       WWW Site: http://www.rsd.com/