[Papyrus-L] underline and italics in exports

Karen A Mitchell choc.milk at juno.com
Tue May 29 21:17:00 EDT 2001

In Papyrus, I have consistently denoted italics (e.g., for species names)
using a leading and trailing underscore (e.g., _Homo sapiens_ ).
This has worked well for years. However, now that I'm sharing files with
others who use endnote, this doesn't work so well -- even using Endnote's
output format, the underlines are changed to curlybraces and U's (e.g.,
{UHomo sapiens} ). Is there some neat and easy way to correct this?
Otherwise I have to lose all the underlining by doing a search and delete
for {U and for }.
Similarly, I lose the carefully chosen special characters (from F10) in
the translation -- they become empty squares.
Thanks for any ideas

Randy Mitchell
Department of Biology
University of Akron