[Papyrus-L] ISI Import

Hanne N. Waltenburg h.n.waltenburg at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Mar 23 07:01:04 EST 2001

Hi there,

I have found a way to import from Web of Science. I use the format in
the attached format library (zipped) - it is probably based on the
original from RSD, but I have made some adjustment.

I have chosen to add keywords and abstract to the file, and then I save
the records to a txt file.

However, this text file needs to be edited slightly, so I open it in
Word:
Change page numbers:
BP 307
EP 310
is changed to
BP 307-310
And then the file is saved as "MS-DOS Text" (NOT: Text only)

After this the import runs smoothly.

Good luck

Hanne

"Hessling, Rene" wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> I'm trying to import data from ISI Web of Science and can't seem to
> get it
> to work. In ISI I mark the files I want and then save the marked list
> to a
> txt file. I've got the newest import filters for Payrus 7.0.16c . The
> program just won't import a single entry. I know I've gotten it to
> work in
> the past... I just can't figure out how to now.
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Rene
> ______________________________
> Dipl. Biol. Rene Hessling