[Papyrus-L] ISI Import

José Q. Pinheiro pinheiro at cchla.ufrn.br
Tue Mar 20 18:41:55 EST 2001

Rene & others,

I'm not sure this will be of much help.

WebofScience is a little tricky in terms of file formats,
once you have your list of marked references.

I've never tried to import directly to Papyrus, but I
have got into some other difficulties related to file
formats. The "marked records" screen offers 4 choices:

The first generates a file (by default named CIW.cgi)
whe can open with Netscape or similar software and all
the information is well organized.

The second (also called by default CIW.cgi) is similar
to the first, but the lines are not separated when it
is opened by my Nescape.

The third - which I think should be the format to be
imported into Papyrus - exports a "plain text"
(or ASCII) format. In my case (I don't know if in
other systems the problem will occur) it arrives
without the control character that marks the end of
the line, but this is something easily repaired by
a small utility that adds such character and the file
can be normally seen/read in programs such as
Notepad or similar/simple text editor in DOS/Windows
environments. This is the reason I'm assuming this is
the format Papyrus will "like".

Am I in the right track, Dave?

Regards,
José Pinheiro

 Jose Q. Pinheiro                     Dep. Psicologia/UFRN
 Caixa Postal 1507          E-mail: pinheiro at cchla.ufrn.br
 Natal, RN              TeleFax: 55-84-215-3589 / 211-9211
 59078-970   Brasil        Tel.: 55-84-215-3590 / 215-3594