[Papyrus-L] Papyrus on the Palm

R.Kuijer at ORTHOP.UNIMAAS.NL R.Kuijer at ORTHOP.UNIMAAS.NL
Wed Mar 14 06:30:58 EST 2001

Peter wrote:
>I haven't got the link to my "where are the journals found" database
>working yet, but at the least I'll be able to launch this DB when inside my

>"to get" DB and then scroll to the correct Journal name. I contacted
>HanDBase tech support (very prompt and helpful) and I should be able to
>realise the dream of clicking on the Journal name and then being taken
>directly to the library call number. I'll survive if I can't do this.

Library call numbers can be put into papyrus. I used papyrus until 6 months
ago,
(made the switch to Endnote and am not very happy with it)
and had a journal style in which I put the library call number followed by
an abbreviation of the journal name, for instance:
'Biochimica Biophysica Acta' was 'T0158 BBA'.
I used a special format (Papyrus) for listing all the references I was
looking for
in the library starting with journal, volume, issue, year, authors, title.
For the journal name I used the special style, and then sorted on
journal, then volume, then issue.

This worked on paper and will probably also work for the Palm.

Good luck,

Roel Kuijer, PhD
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
University Hospital Maastricht
POB 5800
6202 AZ  MAASTRICHT
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 43 3881311    Fax: +31 43 3874893
E-mail: r.kuijer at orthop.unimaas.nl