[Papyrus-L] alternatives to a window version of Papyrus

Fang-Yao Stephen Hou stephen_hou at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 16:03:23 EST 2001

While desiring a window version of Papyrus, I realize it may not be
available for a while and may need some time to make it as stable, bug free
as the DOS version. Here is something in mind. Can we use Dos emulator on
Linux plateform to run Papyrus? How good is it? If it works, we may continue
to use this great software even after Microsoft  discontinue the DOS support
in the future release of window interface. I have not run Linux yet and I am
asking if somebody here has tried this approach.

Another thought is on the Macintosh version of Papyrus. I tried the free
beta version before. It was great. And there is a MAC emulator, Executor, on
the web which allows both DOS and Window computer to run some Macintosh
programs. Here is the website, www.ardi.com. Would someone here who has the
Macintosh version of Papyrus try to see if the Executor for DOS, or for W32,
can support the functionality of MAC Papyrus? Thanks.

RSD has done an excellent job in providing the Papyrus to all of us. Let us
encourage the development of a window version and also look into other
alternatives. We need the RSD to continue work on the development and
especially the import and output modules for keeping current with the ever
changing computing need.

Stephen