[Papyrus-L] Papyrus: Windows a plea from the heart

B E Davies bdavies at CLEMSON.EDU
Tue Mar 6 08:26:05 EST 2001

Hugh Gunz wrote:

> Coincidence is a marvellous thing. Not an hour ago I made a similar
> suggestion (about funding) to Dave by email. Does anyone else think there's
> mileage in the idea?
>
> Hugh Gunz
> University of Toronto
>
> At 11:18 AM 01/03/06 +0800, you wrote:
> >Is their some way of getting a user group to help fund the development? As I
> >have said to Dave before, we would be prepared to put some funding into
> >development, because we want to use Papyrus as a distribution mechanism for
> >selected reference databases, and we also want to use this to prepare
> >interactive web pages. Perhaps we can get the development by forming a
> >consortium of users/developers, and have a dispersed group of programmers
> >talking to each other to get the product that users want.
> >
> >Regards
> >Dave B
> >David Bicknell
> >Senior Development Officer
> >Farm Forestry and Revegetation Project
> >Manager, Salinity Networks and Communication of Information Project
> >Agriculture Western Australia
> >10 Doney Street
> >Narrogin WA 6312
> >P 08 9881 0222; F 08 9881 1950; Mobile 0417 900 284
> >

> > > ----------

I would be more than pleased to cough up some of my hard earned money towards a
fund to hire someone to help convert to a Windows version.

Brian davies

Dr B E Davies, Professor of GeologicalSciences,
Editor: ENVIRONMENTAL GEOCHEMISTRY AND HEALTH
Department of Geological Sciences, 340 Brackett Hall, Clemson University,
Clemson, SC 29634-1908
Tel: 864-656-5014;  Fax: 864-656-1041
e-mail:bdavies at clemson
visit