[Papyrus-L] Papyrus: Windows no longer a luxury to be waited for patiently

Jeremy S. Delaney jsd at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Mar 5 12:57:08 EST 2001

As a longtime user of Papyrus I would like to add my ardent appeal
that we start moving toward a REAL Windows interface for this
program. I have been using NT for several years and MAKING DO
with the DOS based papyrus as my bibliography is too big to think
about moving.
(Oh and please dont make it a browser style interface, they are a
royal pain in the butt)

I simply dont want to lose the time doing this kind of migration work
when the time has to be taken from proposal and paper writing  After
all the point of Papyrus is to minimize the Perish part of "Publish or
Perish".  But if it is necessary.....and it is rapidly becoming essential
if the DOS core is vanishing (Thank God)
We are now rapidly approaching the point where the make-do
solutions we have been offerede wont even work.

Why should Windows users be penalized for Loyalty to Papyrus
when the presumably much smaller user base on MACS have had
an entire port created for them while we have been waiting for the
upgrade?   Oh Yes I remember the promises of a Windows version
when there was no Mac version of Papyrus or for that matter no
viable version of Windows to work on!

This is the kind of promise we expect from MicroSlob software.

Papyrus has been a huge help to me over the years but enough is
enough.

We need the Windows version....hopefully before the Linux version
appears!  (Which is something we will probably also need)

Jeremy S. Delaney
Research Scientist,
Rutgers University, New Jersey