[NHRC-user] Problems with TS-32

KD6KPC kd6kpc at comcast.net
Wed May 16 10:54:26 EDT 2007

I have an NHRC-3 with a TS-32 tone board. The tone board seems to be acting
up.

I need the repeater to encode a 123.0 Hz tone to trigger my EchoLink link
radio. It had been working fine, until yesterday. The repeater is in my
attic and I suspect the heat did it in (the temp was 86 outside and likely
exceeded 100 F in the attic).

This morning, while it was cooler, I got 90% of the signal encoded. When it
gets hot (ambient temp), 0%-10% gets encoded. I suspect I just need to get a
new tone board. If this is the consensus, I suspect I should get the TS-64.
Could the problem be elsewhere? I want to make sure the tone board is the
issue before I replace it. It is decoding just fine.

73's

Garrett Dow, KD6KPC
http://www.nwham.com <http://www.nwham.com/>