[NHRC-user] Recommended controller for EchoLink

kd6kpc at comcast.net kd6kpc at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 15:27:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I currently have a NHRC-3, but have found that it likely won't easily interface with EchoLink, so I am looking at changing controllers. The repeater and computer is located at my home QTH, along with a wireless Internet connection, so I don't need to worry about link radios. I would like to connect the EchoLink interface to the second port. As far as I can tell, this is the most straight-forward integration technique.

I really like the user-receorded voice recordings on my NHRC-3. Keeping that in mind, is the best controller for the job here the NHRC-5 (considering the price difference to the NHRC-10)?

It has been somewhat difficult finding documentation on the Web as to how to integrate the NHRC controllers to EchoLink. Once I figure it out, I may post a blog on my Web-site.

Thanks,

- Garrett Dow, KD6KPC
Admin, http://nwham.com
Pres, KE7LII NWHAM Radio Club