[NHRC-user] Mastr II controller

DK w5dk at gvtc.com
Mon Jul 23 10:15:25 EDT 2007

Dan and all,
I use the "remote line audio" cards that come out of the stations. Cut/isolate the traces, remove the heavy transformer, mount a controller with standoffs on the left side, wire the controller to the card and plug it in. If you have a spare made up or a set of GE repeater control card and a repeater audio cards, you can also get a system going with spare parts temporarily if you are just having controller problems.

It plugs into the J1206 slot next to the 10volt card like the one commercially available. BTW the PSE seems like a nice product, I just had plenty of these cards and several NHRC controllers built before I saw their product.

I use plug B pin 14- Trans Audio HI
B 11- Vol Squelch HI
D 1- 10 v
D 8- Ground
D 3- Remote PTT
D 12- RUS (COS)

There are several unused connections that you can use for other purposes by modifying the station board (soldering on the back plane) if needed.

73
Don Kirchner W5DK