[NHRC-user] Problem

KD6KPC kd6kpc at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 21:33:25 EDT 2007

I am having a problem with an NHRC-3 controlled repeater.

I have an NHRC-3 connected to a GE Master Exec II. In the morning hours the
repeater works fine, but in the afternoon and late evening hours, it acts a
little goofy. I don;t know if it is heat related or not. the repeater is
located in my attic. It is 83 degrees outside. I went up into the attic and
estimated the temp to be somewhere between 100 and 110 degrees F.

The problem is during the ID-2. The repeater waits for the timer and begins
to do the voice announcement I have programmed, "KW7HAM repeater." However,
it says, "k, k" like a stutter, then goes into Morse code like someone keyed
up on the IDer. This happens consistently every nine minutes, which is the
setting I have the timer at. The repeater is PL'd at 136.5 and I have
listened on the input for noise and cannot hear any. Any ideas or things to
try?

- Garrett