[NHRC-user] NHRC-5

JC Weston jcweston at kingston.net
Thu Jul 12 13:16:53 EDT 2007

Yes Jeff, we still have a problem with the link receiver audio not being
muted when the main repeater is active. We are running the controller in
"transmit" mode which from the NHRC-5 manual states "
Set Link Port Transmit

Mode

When enabled (1), configures the link port into

"Transmit Mode." In this mode, the link receive

audio is transmitted over the main repeater, and

the main repeater's receive audio is transmitted

over the link.

During this operaton what appears to be happening is the link receiver audio
is not being muted when the Main repeater CAS is active. Therefore we need
to know how the NHRC-5 accomplishes this in "Transmit mode. Ie....what would
be the correct group switches to set or not set to achieve transmit mode
with the NHRC-5. Perhaps we have an incorrect switch set or not set in one
of the other groups?

Note that we a using 4 Phoenix Radios in our setup. 1 radio as XMIT and 1
radio as RCV for the main repeater. 1 Radio as XMIT and 1 Radio as RCV for
the link Repeater. Also they are wired as per the instructions on pages 6 &
7 of the NHRC-5 Manual. The firmware version in the controller chip is 1.03.
Perhaps the chip in the controller is malfunctioning in which case a
replacement would be needed.

In summary we need to be able to operate in the equivilent of "Transmit
Mode" One receiver audio being muted depending on
which way the traffic is moving. ie from the main repeater thru the link, or
the opposite, from the link receive thru the main repeater.

I hope there is enough info for you to assist in straightning us out here
Jeff. If not then perhaps you could supply a phone number and time you
couold be reached.

Thanks Jeff..!!

P.S. We also use an NHRC 4 controller,version 1.03 in another system. It
states in the NHRC-4 manual group 3 switches that there is a switch
provision to set Port priority....In the NHRC-5 the same switch says the
switch is for CTCSS all quite confusing in the book of words.