[NHRC-user] CTCSS

Jeff Otterson jeff at nhrc.net
Sat Apr 7 15:50:20 EDT 2007

Most likely your CTCSS tone is getting attenuated as you pass it through
your repeater system. Some of your radios are more sensitive to the tone
than others.

You would be better off to filter out the tone on receive, then re-generate
it on transmit, injecting the tone into the transmitter's CTCSS tone input,
rather than mixed with the mic audio.

The NHRC-3 has very good frequency response, so I doubt that it is
attenuating your CTCSS tone, more likely it is the phase modulator in your
transmitter.

Can you try it with a higher frequency tone and see how it works?

Jeff