[NHRC-user] NHRC-2 CW ID MIA

Bob Dunn k5iq at arrl.net
Mon Jan 12 12:11:23 EST 2004

Hiya and happy 2004!

I'm running NHRC-2's for numerous repeater and link projects.  The controller
that runs my GMRS repeater (462.575 PL114.8 if anyone is ever in New Orleans)
has had, since its construction a weird problem:  after a widely variable time
period (sometimes minutes, sometimes months), the Morse ID stops working.  The
voice ID works fine and the CPU keeps the transmitter keyed for the time
alloted for the CW ID (activated either by DTMF command or by interrupting the
voice ID), but there are no tones.  Power down then back up and the CW ID is
back.  Since the repeater is 500 feet up a TV tower (elevator accessible, but
still...), cycling the power is not a real cure.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Recipes?

--
Bob Dunn
K5IQ