[NHRC-user] GE Phoenix EEPROM Programmer

John ka1eks at midmaine.com
Tue Oct 14 22:07:07 EDT 2003

Hi All..

I WILL LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG!.

How about a EEPROM Programmer for the GE Phoenix-S, SX and others??

Guess who is thinking about making some kits.. The people at NHRC have a few
prototypes and after borrowing one from Chris, I found it works just great..

It will program UHF and VHF GE Phoenix-S, SX, PSX radios, plus Rangers and
Deltas that use the X22C12 EEPROM..and possibly others..

I programmed several chips for the VHF and UHF models..both the SX and the
older S versions..it worked nicely and with some additional software
variables added, this will make a great programmer.. It not only creates the
data needed but will also clone from a master very easy..
It has a seperate 'read' and 'write' push button for manual use or hook it
serial to a computer and run the windows-based program they have
developed..I found to program all 16 channels, even if its a 2 channel,
there is a simple mod on the web to made the 2 channel phoenix's into 16
channels.

Why I am writing this, the people at NHRC would like to know if there is
enough interest to start this item in kit form in the future..

Please reply and let them know what you think..

I have tried it and think it works slick..

Thanks for reading
John Barton - KA1EKS

p.s.  Last week, at Hosstraders, I got a NHRC-4 controller in kit form and
ordered the parts needed from digikey (they provide a great list of digikey
part numbers in the manual which made it super simple to order online)..it
was on the air by friday and works great..Thanks alot for the great kit and
at a super price.. $40 for kit plus about $40 in parts, cant be beat for a
link repeater controller.