[NHRC-user] Jeff: Answers from our user community

Bill Cotter n4alg at qx.net
Mon Aug 18 10:11:47 EDT 2003

Jeff,

I completely agree with John Lloyd's suggestion that NHRC include a
4-8bit programmable parallel interface for controlling commercial
radios such as the GE MastrII (F1-F8 lines) and the Delta/Rangr
(F1-F5 lines), and for other control purposes (ie: remote base
radio select).

The GE Deltas are inexpensive ($50-100) radios that makes an
outstanding remote base unit for 10M, 6M, 2M and 440. With up to
32-ch programmed in, the cross-band user on 440 could work 6M, 2M
and (if licensed) on 10M.

Additional remote base channels (up to four) on the NHRC-10 would
be a welcome addition, too.

Thanks es 73 Bill N4ALG

>   We are looking for input from our user community on a couple of
> subjects.
>
>   First, a very general question about frequency agile remote bases.
>
>   What kind of remote base hardware would you like to be able to
> use, and what kind of features do you want?  Are voice responses
> like the NHRC-10 generates required?
>
>   Today, our NHRC-10 can provide a frequency agile remote base
> with Icom radios that support the CI-V protocol.  We are
> wondering what kind of other solutions our users want.  For
> instance, there is the Doug Hall RBI-1, which supports Kenwood
> mobile radios, although I am not sure it supports many of
> the  current production radios.  (We currently offer no support
> for the RBI-1.)  There are also schemes to activate the
> microphone up/down channel buttons, which is admittedly
> clunky.  Some radios support DTMF received over the mike
> connector to tune the set.
Jeff,

Build an interface that will address BCD control for direct
frequency entry for older types of radios. Another method of
frequency control would be to address the frequency select lines
like what are used for the GE Delta mobile radio.

Voice responses would be great!

Thanks,

John Lloyd, K7JL

Intermountain Intertie