[NHRC-user] Questions for our user community

Jeff Otterson jeff at nhrc.net
Sat Aug 16 19:26:00 EDT 2003

Hi!

   We are looking for input from our user community on a couple of subjects.

   First, a very general question about frequency agile remote bases.

   What kind of remote base hardware would you like to be able to use, and
what kind of features do you want?  Are voice responses like the NHRC-10
generates required?

   Today, our NHRC-10 can provide a frequency agile remote base with Icom
radios that support the CI-V protocol.  We are wondering what kind of other
solutions our users want.  For instance, there is the Doug Hall RBI-1,
which supports Kenwood mobile radios, although I am not sure it supports
many of the  current production radios.  (We currently offer no support for
the RBI-1.)  There are also schemes to activate the microphone up/down
channel buttons, which is admittedly clunky.  Some radios support DTMF
received over the mike connector to tune the set.

   Second, a very specific question for our NHRC-10 users:  Would you
prefer having the link/remote base commands confirm with "link transmit on"
or to use the words "remote base transmit on".  The difference would be
what the controller called the link/remote base radio, "link" or "remote
base".

   We are very interested in your feedback.

   Thanks & 73,

   Jeff