[NHRC-user] Questions about the NHRC controller

Derek Bereza ve5sd at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 4 17:55:16 EST 2002

Hi!

A group of us are looking into setting up a network of full duplex remote base repeaters throughout our country in Canada.  We will be utilizing a network of VOip Internet links between the repeaters.  We would like to use a standard repeater controller and equipment throughout at each site.  Would the NHRC-10 be a reliable canditate for this?  Does it allow with necessary options, complete transceiver control (like an IC-706) to enable a person to operate satellites and hf, complete with antenna rotation, etc...
We want to be able to have a standard operating manual throughout the country, with an upward of 10 or more remote bases on the network for amateurs to access.  The goal is to have it available to amateurs who may not be able to have their own base stations, with a handheld operate a first class base station, or anyone who is qualified can access the as well.  We will be prototyping the first remote base in my city, and want to do things right the first time.

We currently run a number of IRLP nodes and are very happy with that.  We would like to enhance our communication capability even more with the remote bases.

Any suggestions or comments is appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek -VE5SD