[CPEPnews] CPEP congratulations LIGO upon winning the Nobel Prize for Physics today

Howard Matis hsmatis at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 3 14:53:08 EDT 2017

Today, the Nobel Prize for Physics was awarded for the discovery of gravitational waves.  We have created a poster that describes the first detection of gravitational waves by LIGO.  You can find at on Amazon at

 https://www.amazon.com/Gravitation-Newton-Einstein-Poster-30/dp/B01M3NLXGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476220421&sr=8-1&keywords=cpep+gravitation <https://www.amazon.com/Gravitation-Newton-Einstein-Poster-30/dp/B01M3NLXGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476220421&sr=8-1&keywords=cpep+gravitation>
 or with a shorter URL

 http://tinyurl.com/PhysicsNobelPrize2017 <http://tinyurl.com/PhysicsNobelPrize2017>
More resources about LIGO and gravitational waves can be found at http://cpepphysics.org/gravitation.html <http://cpepphysics.org/gravitation.html>   These materials include an Educator's Guide that is suitable for grades 6-14, and two online courses for physics instructors. These two courses cover the basic physics of LIGO, gravitational waves, General Relativity, and how LIGO operates.

To celebrate this exciting discovery, the Contemporary Physics Education Project is offering 10% each on all our products on Amazon.   To qualify please enter code BNB6VT8F at checkout.  The sale starts at 5 PM PDT today and ends on October 31.  Our full catalog is described on

http://www.cpepphysics.org/order.html <http://www.cpepphysics.org/order.html>

Howard Matis
President
Contemporary Physics Education Project