[Coco] Divide by 10 on a Motorola MC6809(E)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Mar 25 19:02:52 EDT 2024

That's an interesting project, and it would be interesting to see such a
"hardware-based" approach, but I wonder if a quicker approach might be
to just emulate it in software, similar in scope to how the PiStorm was
done:

https://github.com/captain-amygdala/pistorm

...but with just a single, 6809-derived 16-bit software emulated processor?

If it can be done with a 68k processor (+ many variants), then what
you're imagining should be doable, too?

Software is also faster to iterate on, plus allows for the larger
community to contribute (well, at least those who understand CPU
emulation and coding - but I would imagine that has to be a larger
cohort than those with FPGA skills).

There's room for both approaches, of course.

Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona
phoenixgarage.org
github.com/andrew-ayers