[Coco] Divide by 10 on a Motorola MC6809(E)

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 21:00:52 EDT 2024

On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 5:17 AM robert.gault--- via Coco
<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> While there are tricks for division with a 6809 cpu, you might explore the built-in code for a 6309 cpu which could replace the Coco cpu. The commands are DIVD and DIVQ. The 6309 does have an extra register.Sent from my LG Mobile

One of these days, if I can ever properly retire before all the
capacitors in my brain start leaking, I'll learn how to emulate the
6809 in programmable logic, and construct a properly evolved 16-bit
6809.

In the meantime, there is Turb09, which is also pretty interesting.

https://github.com/turbo9team/turbo9

--
Joel Rees

http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html