[Coco] There was a CoCo 3 update to Zaxxon! Before Z-89

John Riddle jcriddle74 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 21:11:22 EDT 2024

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 4:18 PM Allen Huffman via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
wrote:

> What years was he out? I know he was at a PennFest in 97 (I think), and
> then was back at some ChicagoFests, and was on CoCoTalk quite often. I’d
> expect, since these were on floppies (and he has mentioned using a hard
> drive system for development) this might predate all that. But… speculation!

Hi,
Just some tidbits I remember.  I've only ever been to the four PennFests
(and one Rainbowfest, 1987 IIRC).  Steve was at the 1997 Pennfest, I
remember him specifically.  He did a seminar on game development in
assembly and handed out a white paper he wrote on the topic.  I still have
that somewhere.  I intend to scan it in, once I start going thru all my
stuff (something I've been meaning to do for quite some time), or maybe
someone else has a copy handy.

He had also talked about creating something called the Color Computer
Preservation Society (CocoPS), but I don't think it really came into
fruition.

There was some controversy at that Fest about Steve charging $5 for copies
of some of his games he brought.  I don't remember specific details.  I
don't think that was unreasonable.  Had to have cost him a good bit of
money to fly across the country to come to the fest.

- John