[Coco] Coco3 Motherboard Drivewire ROM

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:27:51 EST 2024

On Fri, Feb 2, 2024 at 2:06 PM coco--- via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
wrote:

> A Coco3 Motherboard ROM to Boot OS9 from a Drivewire Server was written
> by
> Boisy Pitre I understand that it was open sourced about 10 years ago.
>
> Does anyone know:
>              1.    Where this ROM image can be found ?

I think you might be looking for this?
https://github.com/nitros9project/toolshed/tree/main/dwdos
It is part of the Toolshed project repo
https://github.com/nitros9project/toolshed/tree/main

Just have to go into the DWDOS folder and build the project.

The file you are looking for contains MB in it for motherboard.

>              2.    If an improved version has ever been written witch say
> could

                   allow a Cartrige Game to be played ?

I have no idea.  You might have to ask that question in the github ticket
system for the project.

>              3.    Who provides a EPROM burning service and how much ?

I am not sure who provides (E)EPROM services these days.  Maybe someone
will respond.

Otherwise in my opinion, if you can afford it, I would probably get an
EPROM programmer like the TL866II-3G(T48)
I like mine and it is the model that replaced the TL866II+.